What’s Going On?
I think I may be in the middle of one of the busiest weeks I have had in months. I know when I am super busy because I feel compelled to make a list. I never make a list unless I am really busy and worried that I will not be able to get stuff done on time. Actually, I was really compelled to make a list this week because I missed an important deadline last week and got kinda nailed for it.
Anyway, in keeping with the list form, here are some random things going on around here lately.
1. My Dad was here and while he was here we went to see this.
2. I cannot express how amazing it was to me to see this.
3. Look at the sides. The ship(plane? shuttle?) is covered with panels of heat and flame resistant blankets that look quilted!
4. I still want to be an astronaut when I grow up.
5. This week I made 7 jars of pickles, 12 peachy buns, 1 peach galette, and a peach cake.
6. Except for the pickles, it is all gone.
7. 5th grade is a lot more work than 4th grade. This might be a long school year.
8. I got to hang out with one of the cutest babies ever!
9. It’s amazing how much more fun it is to take care of a baby when I am not the one nursing, getting up in the middle of the night, etc.
10. Kids are really cute when they are asleep.
11. I got my first shipment of yarn yesterday from the Fall in Full Color Knitspot Club. I can’t show it to you because there’s people who haven’t got it yet, but I love it.
12. I want to cast on the project, but I still have half of a fingerless mitt to finish.
13. I also have a quilt block that I need to make by the end of the month.
14. Didn’t I tell you I joined an online quilting group? No? well, I did. Remind me to tell you about it sometime.
15. I have a 3 hour meeting tonight, so I must go now. Bye!