I was able to get the dining room table to myself for a few hours so that I could finish this up.
I think this might be the fastest I have ever finished a quilt, actually. It helps that I only had to piece together two of the blocks!
I miscalculated the number of blocks that were coming my way, so I had a couple that had to be included on the back, but actually, I really like how these two are framed by larger pieces of fabric. It highlights them. Hmmm, maybe I see a kernel of an idea for a new quilt in there somewhere.
The weather has been less than ideal for outdoor photos, so I had to get some help to get a good picture. I think he enjoyed the brief break it gave him from his work.
I was in a finishing groove, so I went on to quilt up this baby quilt that I had started early fall last year.
Lately, with my sewing, I have been trying very hard to use up what I have and this quilt used up some baby fabrics that were languishing.
I’m afraid the animals did not match the scale of the pattern, so they are a little lost, but the overall effect is ok. There is still a lot for me to learn about choosing colors and patterns together.
On the upside, I do feel that my machine binding skills are getting much better. I like to use 2 and 1/2 inch wide strips of fabric for my binding and that’s been helping me a lot. A little extra to fold over the edge is just what I needed!
As soon as I can get these packed up and find the address, these are going off to a charity that supplies quilts to women and children’s shelters. I hope they cheer someone up!